This is a great Greek Salad that is great as a side dish or eaten on it’s own as a light lunch or snack. It can also be easily prepared ahead of time and stored in a mason jar for a quick on-the-go meal.
To store it in a mason jar add the dressing to the bottom of the jar and layer as such: tomatoes, red onion, cucumber, garbanzo beans, feta and olives. Simply store in the fridge, grab and go, then mix it up when you are ready to enjoy your salad.
cucumber, unpeeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, sliced in half-rounds
- 1 can garbanzo beans (chickpeas) drained and rinsed
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Create the vinaigrette - whisk together olive oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper in small bowl.
Place the cucumber, tomatoes, garbanzo beans, feta and olives in a large bowl.
Pour the vinaigrette over the vegetables and toss lightly.
Let sit at room temperature for a few minutes to allow flavors to blend, serve and enjoy.