My boys love to paint. We have a pretty nice selection of painting supplies that are perfect for little artists. With each new holiday they want to create a new project. For Halloween we decided to create pumpkin art but I wanted to try something new, so we made these fun paint resistant crayon pumpkins. They are super easy to make and the kids love the magic of the paint resistance.
I drew the pumpkin shapes on card stock and they selected the paint colors and revealed the pumpkin design with their paint. We drew simple pumpkin designs but you could add jack-o-lantern faces or do other fun Halloween images like bats, witches hats, gravestones, etc…
- A white wax crayon or oil pastel
- Watercolor paints
- Paint Brush
- Paper (Watercolor Paper or Thick Card Stock works as well)
What to do:
- Using the white crayon draw a pumpkin outline on the paper. Make sure you use thick strokes to really define the lines.
- Use a paint brush to lightly apply whatever color paint you’d like your pumpkin to be. Paint over all of the lines to reveal the pumpkin shape.
- Allow the paint to dry then display your art.
* If the paint does not resist the crayon try again making sure you press hard and have thick crayon lines. Also make sure your paint isn’t too thick.
Find more fun Halloween themed activities and recipes on the Juicy Juice website. Juicy Juice juice boxes make fore a great refreshing break during a long night of trick-or-treating. Throw a few in your bag for when the kids get thirsty or have a few on hand when you get home.
This post has been sponsored by Juicy Juice. All thoughts and reviews are my own.