My 4th and final baby is now officially a toddler. For what seems like eternity I was in constant baby mode. I was surrounded by tiny clothes and all the latest baby gear. I’ve tried a lot of different baby products over the past 8 years and I’d like to think I’ve got a pretty good idea of what is essential and what is not. I’ll be honest you don’t need a ton of gear to have a baby but there are a few items that just make life easier and I’m all about making life easier. (Check out the full baby registry list here.)
So if you’re a first time parents or not, here are a few of my favorite items for new parents.
- Ergo Baby Carrier – Little ones love to be held but life is busy and sometimes you need to get up and do stuff, like make yourself lunch. There’s nothing better than wearing a baby so you can eat.
- Medela Breast Pump – If you choose to breastfeed your baby a good breast pump is a must. I breastfed all of my boys but it wasn’t until baby 2 that I finally invested in a good breast pump and it saved my life… and it literally saved his life.
- NoseFrida Nasal Aspirator – I know it seems gross but I’ve tried all sorts of contraptions and the NoseFrida rocks. Babies get congested and you’ll use an aspirator way more than you thought and the NoseFrida gets it done. The NoseFrida was huge life saver when baby 3 had RSV.
- 4Moms MamaRoo – I used our 4Moms MamaRoo with my 3 youngest boys and it. was. amazing. The different movements make it so versatile a great for a baby that loves movement while they are sleeping.
- Aden + Anais Swaddling Blankets – Aside from a few structured swaddles the Aden + Anais Swaddling Blankets are the best for keeping baby cozy and snug while they sleep. Plus they always have the cutest designs.
Did you know that Amazon has a great baby registry? It’s a great way for family and friends to easily purchase gifts for baby. In addition to all of the great baby products offered on Amazon you can add any item to your registry, even if it’s not offered on Amazon. PLUS you get a 15% discount when you buy any of the items from your registry. The Amazon Baby Registry has the largest selection of baby items, easy 90-day returns and extra benefits if you are a prime member.
What are your TOP Picks for a First Time Parent?