We started school this week and I’m so excited. I love the start of the school year, the smell of new school supplies and the renewed excitement my children have for learning. Being a busy mom to 4 little boys means I don’t have a ton of time to do all of our back to school shopping so I try to shop online whenever possible.
I love shopping on zulily. I log in to zulily everyday to see what kind of deals they have for our family. Over the past few months I’ve bought school shoes for the boys, a few school supplies for homeschooling, and a new pair running shoes for myself.
I’m currently keeping an eye out for some great fall clothes for the boys but before I start my shopping I decided to consult zulily’s kid’s fashion expert, Shawn Anderson on How To Save During Back to School Shopping.
How To Save During Back to School Shopping
To prepare your kids to head back into the classroom, zulily kids fashion expert Shawn Anderson recommends:
- Plan in advance: Don’t wait until August 15 to start your back to school preparation. Avoid the stress of last-minute shopping by getting started now and finish before all the good deals are gone.
- Get organized: Pull together a back to school checklist so you don’t forget any of the necessities.
- Shop online: Sites like zulily.com offer parents a wide variety of back to school essentials for kids, including clothes, shoes, accessories, supplies and toys, at incredible prices. You can find everything your kid needs (and more!) and save money at the same time.
- Stockpile your favorite items at a discount: When you find something your child loves and needs each year for school at a great price, be sure to buy a few extra. Take advantage of these deals for years to come!
- Check in with the kids: It is never a good feeling to buy your child new clothes and school supplies, only to find out that their favorite color or cartoon character has changed. Involve your kids in the shopping process so you make sure you’re buying items they like and want to use.
zulily always has such a great selection of the hottest new items in back-to-school clothes that kids will love.
To make online shopping easier zulily has an easy to use app for Android and iPhone devices so you can shop while you’re on the go. The highlights of the app include:
- Educational Tutorial – after first installing, users are displayed a brief, informative tutorial on how to use the new application.
- “New Today” Event Accessibility – a clear, easily accessible layout displays a customer’s personalized list of “New Today” events directly through the application.
- Personalization – zulily has built upon its proprietary personalization technology to create a completely individualized homepage view, from top to bottom. The app learns customer’s preferences and then features the most relevant sales events and information front and center for quick, meaningful shopping.
- Daily Refreshment of New Events – the shopping platform refreshes every morning at 6 a.m. for customers to shop newly curated events.
- “Bookmarked” Favorites – while browsing zulily’s events, customers have the ability to select favorites and “bookmark” for easy access. A “bookmark” ribbon will be displayed on the watch application and instantly synced with the “New Today” tab on the existing iPhone application. This feature allows shoppers to easily customize events to shop at a later time on the iPhone app.
I received a gift card as compensation for this post. The opinions expressed are my own and not influenced by the company.