As of today I am 41 weeks and 2 days pregnant with baby 4. I’ve had a lot of doctor appointments lately since they like to keep a watchful eye on babies that decide to go past their “due date”. Since all of my boys have been “late” I fully expected to be here at 41 weeks and still pregnant. I was hopefully that I wouldn’t be pregnant but alas I am.
I thought for sure that I would have this guy over the weekend but the weekend came and went and he still snug inside. To be honest I’m a little relieved that he stayed put a few extra days. Both Joe and I have been battling colds and being sick and in labor is no fun.
However, things are progressing nicely. Baby 4 is looking perfectly healthy and is estimated to already weigh around 10lbs. My placenta is healthy and I have a good deal of amniotic fluid left. As of yesterday afternoon I was 4cm dilated, 50% effaced and at about station -3. He’s in the birthing position and we’re ready whenever he is. Since I’m nearing 42 weeks they scheduled for me to be induced on Thursday morning at 6:30 am.
Last night I was awakened several times by some strong contractions and the feeling he was pushing his way down. They weren’t consistent enough to time but painful enough to wake me up. Joe also developed a slight fever last night before bed and I was extremely worried I would go into labor while he was sick. However, this morning he appears to be much better (no fever) and I’m still pregnant.
As of right now I feel very fragile, like if I moved just a certain way this baby would pop right out. He’s very low and my contractions are still strong yet inconsistent. I doubt I’ll make it to my induction on Thursday morning based on how I feel right now.