I love brownies. Aside from ice cream they are probably one of my favorite dessert items. For some reason I always thought that making homemade brownies was difficult. I just always bought a box mix and would occasionally throw in some extra goodies like chocolate chips, marshmallows, nuts, etc… Then I learned how amazing homemade brownies taste and decided to give it a try. After a bit of research I found the perfect fudgy dark chocolate brownies.
I prefer my brownies to have a crispy top layer and a slightly gooey and soft center. (That’s why I love adding extra chocolate chips!)
- 3/4 cup dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup butter, melted & divided (1/3 cup + 1/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Grease a 9×13″ baking dish.
- In a large bowl mix together the cocoa and baking soda.
- Stir in 1/3 cup of the melted butter until smooth.
- Next, Stir in the boiling water until the mixture is thick.
- Then stir in the sugar and eggs and the remaining 1/3 cup melted butter.
- Then, stir in the vanilla and salt until just smooth.
- Add in the flour and chocolate chips and stir until combined.
- Spread the batter into the baking dish and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the edges start to pull away from the pan. (I prefer slightly under-baked brownies)