There’s something amazing about homemade banana pudding that screams summer. One of my first cravings with this pregnancy has been banana pudding. I’ve been craving it for weeks and finally on the 4th of July I decided to make some.
Now it’s not 100% homemade because I didn’t make the pudding from scratch but I also didn’t use banana flavored pudding, which happens to be one of my banana pudding pet peeves.
Somehow my boys had never tried banana pudding but I assumed that their general love for all things banana would insure this to be a big hit, and I wasn’t wrong. Simon in particular LOVED the banana pudding.
Southern Banana Pudding Recipe
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 cup ice cold water
1 (3.4 oz.) box vanilla instant pudding mix
3 cup heavy cream
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2-3 sliced bananas
1 (12 oz.) box Nilla Wafers
- In a large bowl, beat together the sweetened condensed milk and cold water until well combined.
- Add the pudding mix to the milk mixture and beat well. Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together cream and vanilla and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold whipped cream into the pudding mixture until well blended.
- Line the bottom of a large glass bowl with a single layer of Nilla Wafers and bananas. Then pour over part of the pudding mixture, add more Nilla Wafers and bananas. Pour the remaining pudding mixture in the bowl and top with more Nilla Wafers and banana.
- Cover and Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.