It’s holiday baking season. I love to bake but I don’t necessarily need all of the extra sugar, so I’ve been working on a healthier brownie option. Paleo Dark Chocolate Brownies are made with all natural ingredients, are gluten free and contain NO sugar. I used honey and almond butter to provide a natural sweetness to the brownies. These have a traditionally chewy brownie texture with a slight nutty flavor. I did sneak in a few dark chocolate chips for little hints of awesomeness.
So now I can have my holiday baked goods and not feel so guilty.
Paleo Dark Chocolate Brownies
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 cup honey
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- In a large bowl mix together almond butter, honey and vanilla. (An electric mixer is optimal since the almond butter and honey are rather thick.)
- In a small bowl mix together cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the almond butter mixture.
- Add the egg
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Spread brownie mix into a 8X8 pan
- Bake for 20-30 minutes
Seasons Eatings Pin to Win Contest
Win a KinchenAid Mixer, an artisan HT Traders gift basket & a $250 Harris Teeter Gift Card in the Seasons Eating Pin to Win Contest.
1. Follow @HarrisTeeter on Pinterest
2. Create a new board and name it “Holiday Food Decorating Ideas.”
3. Fill out the entry form & click submit.
4. Pin your favorite holiday food decorating ideas. Tag each pin with #SeasonsEatings and #HarrisTeeter
One lucky reader will win a $25 Harris Teeter gift card. Use the Rafflecopter form below to enter. Ends 12/12
Giveaway ends on December 12, 2013. The winner will be chosen using random.org and announced on this post. Entrants must be 18 or older. Winner to be chosen at random. Winner will be notified by email and has 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. See giveaway rules for more information. US ONLY
I received compensation for my recipe development and sharing the contest. All opinions stated are my own