October is SIDS Awareness Month and Halo wants to remind parents of the best practice to prevent SIDS.
Safe Sleep Practices
- Place baby to sleep on his or her back at naptime and at night time.
- Use a crib that meets current safety standards with a firm mattress that fits snuggly and is covered with only a tight-fitting crib sheet.
- Remove all soft bedding and toys from your baby’s sleep area (this includes loose blankets, bumpers, pillows and positioners). The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests using a wearable blanket instead of loose blankets to keep your baby warm.
- Offer a pacifier when putting baby to sleep. If breastfeeding, introduce pacifier after one month or after breastfeeding has been established.
- Breastfeed, if possible, but when finished, put your baby back to sleep in his or her separate safe sleep area alongside your bed.
- Never put your baby to sleep on any soft surface
- Never dress your baby too warmly for sleep; keep room temperature 68-72 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Never allow anyone to smoke around your baby or take your baby into a room or car where someone has recently smoked.
We love using our Halo Sleepsack. We like to keep the house cool at night so we love using our Halo Micro-Fleece Sleepsack so Simon stays warm.
With the Halo Sleepsack I can put Simon in his regular pajamas and then put the sleepsack on him before bed. I don’t worry about him kicking off a blanket and getting too cold in the middle of the night.
Help Spread SIDS Awareness
Like Halo on Facebook
During the month of October, HALO will donate $1 to SIDS Awareness for every new Facebook “Like”.
HALO Innovation’s SleepSack® wearable blankets have become the standard for hospital nurseries and parents alike. In fact, 1,000 hospital nurseries use the HALO SleepSack Swaddle instead of blankets through the HALO Safer Way to Sleep Initiative. HALO Innovations also offers free Safe Sleep Practices kits to childbirth educators to help further the cause of SIDS prevention.
GiveawayOne lucky reader will win a Halo Micro-Fleece SleepSack (winner chooses size and gender). Use the Rafflecopter form below to enter. Giveaway Ends 10/15. (US or Canada)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway ends on October 15, 2013. The winner will be chosen using random.org and announced on this post. Entrants must be 18 or older. Winner to be chosen at random. Winner will be notified by email and has 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. See giveaway rules for more information.
I received the featured product in exchange for this post. All opinions are 100% mine.