I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and their client.
I was raised on diet soda. When I was a baby my grandmother would put diet soda in my bottle. So to say that our family was addicted to soda was an understatement, we adored it. Then, I gave up drinking soda when I was in college, not for health reasons but because I was a broke college student that couldn’t afford soda. As a result I lost my taste for soda and actually crave water. However, drinking water all the time can get a little boring so I like to add flavor by drinking iced tea. Living in North Carolina it’s tradition to drink sweet iced tea, like all the time. So traditional sweet iced tea is pretty easy to come by but isn’t really all that healthy (think several cups of sugar!).
When I met my husband, Joe he was working as a barista. Joe introduced me to all sorts of hip tea drinks, like Thai Iced Tea, Green Tea Latte, Chai Latte, flavored ice tea and many others. He is no longer a barista but we still like to experiment with drink ideas and a few weeks ago I got this crazy idea to add carbonated water to a flavored iced tea. So we tested a few ideas and came up with a delicious Sparkling Blueberry Green Tea.
Sparkling Blueberry Mint Green Tea
- 2 bags of Bigelow Green Tea
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup mashed frozen blueberries
- 2 fresh mint leaves, crushed
- 1 TBS honey
1. Place tea bags and crushed mint leaves in a tea/coffee cup
2. Add boiling water and allow to steep for 5 minutes
3. Remove tea bag, add mashed blueberries and leave mint leaves.
4. Place cup in freezer for 30 minutes to an hour (no longer).
5. Once cooled, strain to remove blueberries and mint leaves.
6. Add 1 cup seltzer water to a glass and serve over ice.
7. Garnish with mint leaves.
You can easily take your Sparkling Blueberry Mint Green Tea with you by placing it in a portable water bottle. I like to take mine along on my errands. It’s a flavorful refreshing drink when I’m on the run.
I love having a fun alternative to drinking soda because sometimes water can get a little boring. I prefer to use Bigelow tea whenever I drink tea because they have so many great, quality flavors. Check out my shopping trip to Wal-Mart to see how I created this delicious tea recipe.
Connect with Bigelow