Summer break is here and we will be spending A LOT of time outside. I’ve always taken precautions to protect my kids’ skin from damage but have never taken a lot of consideration to protect their eyes.
Did you know sunlight can permanently damage your child’s eyes?
The sun can cause irreparable damage to your children’s eyes. UV Rays can cause a lot of damage including causing serious eye disorders like cataracts, pterygia (abnormal tissue grown on the whites of the eyes), skin cancer around the eyes and more.
How can you protect your child’s eyes?
Real Kids Shades has 10 guidelines you should follow for buying children’s sunglasses.
- Purchase sunglasses that are proven to block 100% of both UV-A and UV-B.
- Check lenses for scratches, bubbles or distortions (flaws can result in squinting, tearing or headaches)
- Select sunglasses that match your child’s lifestyle. (impact resistant, bendable, unbreakable or snap on temples)
- Look for sunglasses with polycarbonate lenses and frames. (Beware of acrylic lense because they could shatter)
- Consider wrap-around designs that guard against peripheral UV rays.
- Make sure the sunglasses deliver a snug comfortable fit. (banded solutions are best for babies or super active kids)
- Do not buy opaque sunglasses. (You want to be able to see your child’s eyes to help communicate with them)
- Wear your sunglasses (Set and example and regularly wear your sunglasses and kids will follow)
- Buy from manufacturers that stand behind their sunglasses (a replacement guarantee is best)
- Know the pros and cons of polarized lenses. (polarization helps protect against high glare but don’t offer UV protection unless specifically stated. )
Real Kids Shades meets all of these requirements and are working with Prevent Blindness America to educate the public on the importance of protecting children’s eyes.
My boys are ready for fun in the sun!
I really like that Real Kids Shades are stylish as well as protective also the boys think they are hot stuff wearing their glasses. The little boys are wearing strap on glasses where Jude is wearing a standard fit.
Real Kids Shade is offer 1 reader the opportunity to win a pair of kid sunglasses of their choice. Use the Rafflecopter form below to enter. Giveaway Ends 6/10/13.
Giveaway ends on June 10, 2013. The winner will be chosen using random.org and announced on this post. Entrants must be 18 or older. Winner to be chosen at random. Winner will be notified by email and has 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. See giveaway rules for more information.
Disclosure: I received the featured product in exchange for my honest opinion. The opinions expressed in this post are my own and not influenced by the company.