I found a really great deal on some Split Chicken Breasts the other day so I bought them not really know how I was going to use them. With most bone-in meats I prefer to use the slow cooker so I started my online research for slow cooker split chicken breasts to see how long I needed to cook them. Then I checked out the fridge to see what we had available and voila this recipe was born.
It’s very simple, paleo friendly and most importantly delicious!
Slow Cooker Split Chicken Breast with Onions and Mushrooms
- 1 Sliced Onions
- 1 cup Sliced Mushrooms
- 2 Large Bone-in Split Chicken Breasts (skin removed)
- 1 cups Chicken Broth
- Salt and Pepper
- Line bottom of slow cooker with onions.
- Place Chicken breasts on top of the onions
- Top Chicken Breasts with mushrooms
- Pour the Chicken Broth around the edge of the slow cooker
- Add Thyme, Salt and Pepper
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours