We LOVE sweet potatoes and probably eat them at least 3 times a week. There are many ways to eat sweet potatoes but I think sweet potato chips are our all time favorite, especially homemade sweet potato chips. I’ve been working on perfecting my sweet potato chip technique and I think I’m almost there. I like my sweet potato chips crispy around the edges but soft in the center.
I think the key to getting them crispy yet soft in the center is a uniform cut. I prefer to use smaller sweet potatoes because they cook faster. After you peel your sweet potatoes cut thin slices, about 1/8 of an inch thick.
- 2 Medium Sweet Potatoes
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt (I prefer Sea Salt)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Peel Sweet Potatoes and cut into 1/8 inch slices
- On a rimmed baking sheet arrange the sweet potatoes so they aren’t touching each other
- Lightly drizzle olive oil over the sweet potatoes and top with salt
- Cook for 8-10 minutes and then flip *
- Cook for another 5-8 minutes
- Remove from oven and enjoy
* Keep a close eye on your potato chips while they are in the oven as some ovens run hotter than others and particularly thin slices will cook a lot faster. I often flip thin one earlier and remove them so they don’t burn.