I like chicken salad but Joe hates mayonnaise so I never make it. I decided to create an alternate chicken salad recipe using avocado instead of mayo. This is a Whole30, Paleo approved, mayo-free recipe which is perfect for our 1st Whole30 Challenge.
- Rotisserie Chicken (Or some other kind of shredded chicken)
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Tbs Lime and/or Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper
- Crushed Walnuts (optional)
- Sliced Grapes (optional)
- Shred Chicken. I shredded about half of a whole chicken.
- Peel and remove pit from Avocado and mash avocado with a fork to make guacamole. Mix with chicken.
- Add Lemon or Lime juice, salt and pepper to the chicken mix.
- Add sliced grapes and crushed walnuts (optional)
- Serve atop lettuce and top with tomatoes
I didn’t add grapes or walnuts to my chicken salad this time but I’m going to do it next time since that’s how I really love my chicken salad.
My 1 year old, Noah, absolutely LOVED this chicken salad, then again he’ll eat guacamole with a spoon. And most importantly Joe like it.