I love baking at the holidays. I especially love baking with my family.
And nothing could be easier and yummier than these Chocolate Chip Cheese Cake Bars. In fact, they are so simple to make my 4 year old helped. Jude loves to help me bake and I love to have him in the kitchen learning about cooking and spending time with me. I remember spending the holidays in the kitchen baking with my mom and I hope to pass along the tradition of family baking to my kids.
I love recipes that require very few ingredients and this recipe calls for 4 ingredients! So Simple.
You will need:
- 1 – 8oz. Package of Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1/2 Cup of Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Roll of Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
It’s so easy to make these Chocolate Chip Cheese Cake Bars.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
Use about half of the cookie dough and press it into the bottom of an ungreased 8 or 9 inch square pan. (I used the break apart and cookie cookie dough as opposed to the roll and it worked just the same, in face it was a little easier to evenly distribute it)
Mix together the Egg, Sugar and Cream Cheese. I used my hand mixer and it took about 2-3 minutes. Make sure you use room temperature cream cheese so it mixes together smoothly.
- 1 8oz. Package Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Roll Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Break half the cookie dough into ungreased 8 x 9 inch square pan.
- Flour your fingers and press dough evenly in bottom of pan to form crust.
- Mix egg, sugar and cream cheese together and spread over dough.
- Crumble and sprinkle the remaining cookie dough on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until golden brown and firm to touch.
- Cool 30 minutes then refrigerate 2 hours.
- Best served chilled
WIN a $500 Food Lion Gift Card
Food Lion is hosting a Holiday Bake Off on their Facebook Page.
Think you have a prize worthy holiday recipe? Enter the Food Lion Holiday Bake Off contest by sharing a recipe in any of the four categories: appetizer, entree, side dish, or dessert. 12 grand prize winners will receive a $500 Food Lion gift card. The contest kicks off 11/7 and will end 11/28
I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour for Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Food Lion. I received a promotional item to facilitate my shopping experience and review.