For about a week I pumped pretty much around the clock with my single pump and then I graciously received a double pump and it made a world of difference. I was able to garner twice the milk in half the time. WIN! Throughout those 5 weeks I actually tried several different pumps and consider myself to be fairly educated in the breast pump field, not an expert, but definitely educated.
When choosing a breast pump:
- If you plan to pump at least somewhat regularly go for the double pump
- A hands free or single handed double pump is the way to go
- Choose a pump that has varying suction levels
- The option for battery use is a major bonus
The First Year miPump is a double breast pump that has all of those features plus, it includes The First Year Breastflow bottles. I think the Breastflow bottles are amazing. I bought them while Noah was learning how to breastfeed and I think they helped him learn the mechanics of how the nipple works before he even began to nurse. A lot of bottles have nipples that are shaped like a real nipple but the Breastflow bottle actually works like a breast. It requires that the baby use the tongue and sucking motion required to extract milk while nursing at the breast.
The one feature about the miPump that I like is the one-hand pumping. Double pumps are great but they are a bit cumbersome to operate and hold in place. I mean you only have two hands. Much less, if the baby or another child needs your help while you are pumping. the miPump makes it SOOO much easier to pump and still get stuff, that any busy mom needs to get done.
If all that isn’t enough The First Years miPump electric double breast pump only costs $79.99. That’s half as much as other comparable double electric breast pumps.
Learn more about the miPump
Learn more about the Breastflow bottles
- Like The First Years on Facebook
- Follow @theFirstYears on Twitter
- Follow in GFC, Subscribe via email or RSS feed to The B Keeps Us Honest in GFC. (1 Entry for Each)
- Follow @bkeepsushonest on Twitter.
- Tweet this (can be done daily): “#Win a @TheFirstYears miPump double breastpump & Breastflow bottles via @bkeepsushonest 8/31 http://tinyurl.com/44kvh9o #giveaway #breastfeeding”
- “Like” The B Keeps Us Honest on Facebook
- Enter any of my other current giveaways (1 entry per giveaway entered)