If you have a gadget freak on your Christmas wish list you should get them the Roku, especially if they like television. We considered getting on for my dad (he’s so hard to shop for) but as soon as we mentioned it to him he went out and bought one for himself.
The Roku XD is a nifty little device that lets you stream video straight to your television. It’s about the size of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and supports both digital HDMI and analog RCA-style (red/yellow/white plug) output. Roku allows you to stream subscription services you already use, such as Netflix and Amazon On-Demand, and offers a variety of free and pay content including live concerts, NASA broadcasts, and several sports I’ve never heard of from around the world. We were even able to watch our friend Seth’s short film HORSE on the Vimeo channel. The Roku does require a fairly fast internet connection, but otherwise is a pretty good watch-on-demand alternative to the more expensive cable TV services.
- Follow @rokuplayer on twitter
- Follow in GFC, Subscribe via email or RSS feed to The B Keeps Us Honest in GFC. (1 Entry for Each)
- Follow @bkeepsushonest on Twitter.
- Tweet this (can be done daily): “Win a Roku XD @rokuplayer via @bkeepsushonest 12/31 http://tinyurl.com/352pqfr #giveaway”
- “Like” The B Keeps Us Honest on Facebook
- Add my button to your blog.
- Enter any of my other current giveaways (1 entry per giveaway entered)