I love learning about the what life for American settlers must have been like. Visiting their homes, places of work and learning about the challenges they faced is always inspiring. I particularly love architecture and superb craftsmanship that was put into everything they did, it’s one of the reasons the buildings and crafts from that time are still around for us to enjoy. If you visit North Carolina I would most certainly add a stop to Old Salem on your itinerary.
Plan Your Visit
The Old Salem Visitor Center is open:
Visit the website for more information to plan your visit.
Purchase Handcrafted good, Moravian treats and more at the Old Salem Shop.
The gift basket contains: a jar of local NC honey, 1 tin of ginger cookies,
1 tube of sugar cookies, 1 tube of lemon cookies, a town scape tea towel,
Moravian star pot holders, 2 Moravian star ornaments, 2 love feast mugs, and
more, all wrapped up in a locally hand-made basket!
- Visit Old Salem and then leave a comment telling me something you learned or a product from their shop that you love.
- Like Old Salem on Facebook
- Follow in GFC, Subscribe via email or RSS feed to The B Keeps Us Honest in GFC. (1 Entry for Each)
- Follow @bkeepsushonest on Twitter.
- Tweet this (can be done daily): “Win an Old Salem Gift Basket @bkeepsushonest 8/29 http://tinyurl.com/2eg7d9t #giveaway #iheartnc”
- “Like” The B Keeps Us Honest on Facebook
- Add my button to your blog.
- Enter any of my other current giveaways (1 entry per giveaway entered)