One way we saved a ton of money is by breastfeeding. (12 mos of BFing saves approximately $1,433) Jude has been breastfed for 14 months. My initial hope was to BF for 1 year and then consider weaning but now that we’re here it makes me sad to think of quitting. I’ll admit it was really hard in the beginning with extreme pain, mastitis and latching issues but after 2+ months of struggling we finally hit our stride. I didn’t like breastfeeding at first. It hurt. It took a look time. I always had to pee during. It consumed me, literally. But I knew it was best for my son and my only reasons for wanting to quit were selfish. Honestly we couldn’t afford formula so I had to tough it out. I’m so glad I did. (It’s amazing what you can do when you have no other options)
Jude exclusively breastfed for 6 mo. and then we started introducing solids. He loved him some solids but he also loved some milk. Now at 14 mo we basically only BF before sleeping. (naps and nighttime. occasionally in the morning or if he’s grumpy)
I read an article today about recalled formula and then saw someone comment with this list of slogans for breastfeeding and thought they were pretty awesome.
Here are my Top 10 Breastfeeding Slogans:
1. I breastfeed because I couldn’t produce enough formula.
2. Breastmilk: Never Been Recalled.
3. I drink until I pass out.
4. If breastfeeding in public disturbs you, please feel free to put a blanket over your
5. My baby does not like to eat in the bathroom, do you?
6. Yes, I am still breastfeeding; get over it.
7. Formula-$10. Paci- $2. Breastfeeding – Priceless.
8. Don’t be a weaner. Breastfeeding is for toddler’s too!
9. When you feed your children in a bathroom, I will too.
10. Instant Happy Baby: Just add breastmilk.
“Breastfeeding: A Moveable Feast”.
I will be sad when we end our breastfeeding adventure but who knows when. I have no idea when or how to even start weaning.
At what point did you completely wean your baby if you breastfed?
How did you do it?