It wasn’t until I became a mother that I fully appreciated all of the amazing things my own mother did for me.

Spending endless nights trying to sooth my colic belly.
Waking up early to take us to school every day.
Spending her hard earned money on my new school shoes.
….

thanks mom

Now that I’m a mom I see all of the sacrifices she made and understand just how challenging motherhood is. There are no rewards for wiping runny noses or pushing the swings higher. The acts of motherhood often go unnoticed.

I hope that my children see that I’m trying my hardest to do what’s best for them and sometimes I fail. I make mistakes just like everyone else but I what to own up to my mistakes so they see I’m just like everyone else, I just love them far greater than anyone.

Motherhood is a journey that is unique to each woman but one thing is certain, I will never be able to fully express just how much I appreciate all that my own mom has done for me.

Thanks Mom!

thanks mom

So this Mother’s Day thank your mom and encourage other moms that they are doing OK.

Johnson’sBaby Cares wants to give every baby a healthy and happy start through educational and social initiatives, product donations, and financial support. So this Mother’s Day they are donating $1 to Save the Children for every view of the “You’re Doing OK, Mom” video. So watch the video, share it with a friend and be encouraged.

GIVE BACK
For every view of the “You’re Doing OK, Mom” video between now and Mother’s Day, JOHNSON’S Baby will donate $1 to Save the Children, up to $50,000

Save the Children is an organization that gives children around the world a healthy start, the opportunity to learn, and protection from harm.

Twitter Party

johnson's baby

WHEN: Thursday, May 8, at 1p ET (12p CT / 10a PT)
HOSTS: @theMotherhood, @theMotherhood25, @CooperMunroe, @EmilyMcKhann
HASHTAG: #YoureDoingOKMom
RSVP

PRIZES: 5 prizes which include an assortment of JOHNSON’S Baby products worth $50 in value. Prizes are limited to U.S. participants only, ages 18 and older.

This is a sponsored post for Johnson’s Baby and The Motherhood.  The opinions expressed in this post are my own and not influenced by the company.

Jessica is a family lifestyle blogger living in Raleigh, NC with her husband and four sons (7, 4, 3 and 1). Jessica started thebkeepsushonest.com in November of 2009, but has been blogging since 2003. Jessica writes about family life, recipes, travel and products for families. She is also a Work-from-home-mom who manages marketing and social media for a local accounting company.

Facebook Twitter

26 thoughts on “Thank Your MOM #YoureDoingOKMom #ad

1. Helene Cohen Bludman

What a nice tribute to your mom! I’m sure your kids will say the same about you.

2. Angela S

Even at age 43, I don’t know what I would do without all the help I get from my Mom. This is such a sweet post and campaign by Johnson’s Baby.

3. Dawn Lopez

What a wonderful story and tribute to moms everywhere! I also didn’t realize how much I appreciated my mom until I was a little older, she made so many sacrifices for me. So glad I was eventually able to give her the proper thank you 😉

1. Mitchell

Cody, how do you equate BG not visiting a high school with BG not treating people like a human being? If th7ta#821&;s your example then I just hope you’re not a lawyer.And get your facts straight regarding Larry Davis. Davis committed to NC State and their coach was fired. Davis then started looking at other schools, including SHU.

4. Pam W

My mom passed away several years ago. I never knew how much she did for me until she was gone.

5. Maria Oller

I guess I never realized how important my mom was in my life until she passed away. If only we could go back in time.

6. Lexie Lane

Very cute post but all true. Yes, the acts of motherhood might go unnoticed but I always think that it’s a reward just to be able to be with my baby and be a mother to him.

7. Wendy @ ABCs and Garden Peas

I really have trouble writing anything about motherhood because it’s just that overwhelming. I just hope someday my children, who are tiny now, know how much I love them, and how much I would do for them (although I might not ever want them to really know how much I gave up to have them. No need for guilt trips, right?)

8. Danielle

My three are still quite small, and it has been so much work and oh so tiring, but I am incredibly grateful to have these little amazing and loving people in my life! They are my teachers, and they fill my days up so much. My mom used to say to us, “I don’t know what I would have done without you guys.” I know now just how she feels 🙂

1. Genevieve

Hej Emma. Flotte billeder :)Jeg ville lige spørge hvad det var du havde på læberne, og hvilket mærke det var fra, da jeg selv leder efter en ny fau?veKnrs

9. Debi

My mom is a rock star. I never knew just how much she gave up and did for me until I had my kids. I would be lost without her