On Saturday I thought it would be a good idea to do some baking and cooking and family time and Christmas preparation. I may have been a little over enthusiastic. I’ve never been much of a baker but the holidays bring out my baking side and sometimes things turn out pretty good. I managed to make a chocolate pie, pizza, okra gumbo and lemon bars all with the “sporadic” help of my 5 year old. I think the lemon bars are my favorite, because they are more than just standard lemon bars… they have raspberries.
I have been craving raspberries and wanted to make something tart and yummy with Driscoll’s Berries so I came up with Raspberry Lemon Bars. They are essentially lemon bars with fresh raspberries baked into them. These bars are fresh, tart, tangy, smooth and I just can’t get enough of them.
- 1.5 Cups of Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 6 TBLS Melted Butter (salted)
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Large Egg Yolks
- 14 oz. can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 Cup Lemon Juice
- 6 oz. Fresh Raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar until moist.
- Press graham cracker crumbs evenly along the bottom of a 8×8 baking dish (sprayed or lined with parchment paper)
- Bake for 10 minutes
- The let crust cool completely.
- After crust has cooled completely in a medium bowl mix together the 2 egg yolks and sweetened condensed milk.
- Add the lemon juice and mix until it starts to thicken.
- Fold in raspberries
- Pour lemon/raspberry mixture atop the graham cracker crumb crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Cool completely and refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
I’m normally a chocolate dessert kind of gal but if I can’t get chocolate I will choose a tangy dessert over something super sweet… something like raspberry lemon bars.
I received the feature product from Driscoll’s Berries to create the featured recipe but all opinions are 100% mine.