Jared the Galleria of Jewelry is celebrating moms with a special Mother’s Day Mom Moments Sweepstakes on their Facebook page. Over the course of the next four weeks they will be featuring tips for each stage of motherhood as well as opportunities to win great prizes.
Each week you can enter to win a fabulous prize and a special grand prize of a $2,000 Jared the Galleria of Jewelry shopping spree. The grand prize winner will be drawn on or around May 13, 2013, and notified later that month.
Five prizes will be awarded per week. You can receive additional sweepstakes entries by sharing your best “mom moments tips” for the motherhood stage we’re discussing on the Facebook page that week or for inviting friends to enter as well.
WEEK 1 PRIZES
I was given the privilege of selecting the 2 prize options for the week 1 Mom Moments Facebook Sweepstakes. I enlisted my mom to help me select the pieces. My mom chose the Rose Gold Diamond Heart Necklace
and I chose the Sterling Silver Diamond Heart Necklace.
I think it’s funny that we independently selected similar pieces. She likes gold and I like silver and we both like simple designs. I particularly selected the diamond heart necklace because I think the best advice for a new mom is to “follow your heart.”
Tips for New Moms or Moms-to-Be
- Enjoy to Newborn Phase – You’re tired and completely overwhelmed but don’t let these fleeting moments pass without soaking in this new miracle of life.
- Rest Whenever Possible – They say “nap when the baby naps” but even if you can’t “sleep” it’s imperative that you rest. The dishes can wait, you need rest so you can be the best mom to your little one.
- Ask For and Accept Help – You don’t have to be superwoman, no one is expecting you to. People love to help new moms, especially if it means holding a baby for a few minutes.
- Take a few “Me” Moments – Taking care of a baby 24/7 can be exhausting so remember to take a little time to do something for yourself. A long shower or bath can wash away stress and anxiety or a quick trip to the store by yourself can help you regain your sanity.
- Follow Your Heart – A lot of people will give you advice, feel free to take it or leave it. You are the only one who truly knows what is best for YOUR child.
What advice do you have for new moms?
Follow @ThatsJared on Twitter and follow the Mom Moments celebration using the hashtag #MomMoments. You can also win a separate weekly prize – a piece of jewelry you can personalize. One prize will be awarded each week.
Please note that I am receiving prize(s) from Sterling Jewelers Inc. at no cost for participating in this blogger challenge.