I found a really great deal on some Split Chicken Breasts the other day so I bought them not really know how I was going to use them. With most bone-in meats I prefer to use the slow cooker so I started my online research for slow cooker split chicken breasts to see how long I needed to cook them. Then I checked out the fridge to see what we had available and voila this recipe was born.
It’s very simple, paleo friendly and most importantly delicious!
- 1 Sliced Onions
- 1 cup Sliced Mushrooms
- 2 Large Bone-in Split Chicken Breasts (skin removed)
- 1 cups Chicken Broth
- Salt and Pepper
- Line bottom of slow cooker with onions.
- Place Chicken breasts on top of the onions
- Top Chicken Breasts with onions
- Pour the Chicken Broth around the edge of the slow cooker
- Add Thyme, Salt and Pepper
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours