Paleo Banana Pancakes – 3 Ingredients

This is so simple it’s almost funny. But you know what’s not funny, how yummy it tastes.

Banana Pancakes

Ingredients:

Directions:

1. Mash 2 ripe bananas (they don’t have to be perfectly smooth a few little lumps are OK)
  2. Mix together the ripe bananas with the egg and nut butter until it’s the consistency of pancake batter.
  3. Heat coconut oil in a pan (or any oil you prefer to use) over medium (or medium high) heat. I recommend started off lower and then bumping it up as needed since all ovens heat differently.
  4. Pour about 1/4 cup of the banana mixture into the pan to form pancakes. You don’t want to make them too large as they can be difficult to flip if they get too big.
  5. Once bubbles start to pop on the top and the edges start to brown flip your pancakes. You want the cooked side to be a little brown.
  6. Enjoy. No syrup needed but you can certainly add toppings if you like.

Read more about our Whole30 Challenge.

Jessica is a family lifestyle blogger living in Raleigh, NC with her husband and four sons (7, 4, 3 and 1). Jessica started thebkeepsushonest.com in November of 2009, but has been blogging since 2003. Jessica writes about family life, recipes, travel and products for families. She is also a Work-from-home-mom who manages marketing and social media for a local accounting company.

Facebook Twitter

33 thoughts on “Paleo Banana Pancakes – 3 Ingredients

1. jessicalieb Post author

you can completely eliminate the nut butter and they still taste good. You can also add a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg to add a little more flavor it you like.

1. Emmy

I had a hard time flipping them.. did you make them on a griddle or in a teflon pan? They were delicious, but they got a little funny looking during my flips!

1. Jessica @Bkeepsushonest

Emmy I’ve had that problem occasionally. I’ve found if you keep them pretty small that helps. Also, make sure they have a lot of bubbles on top before you flip them, so they are nice and done on one side.

2. Alysha

Tried to make this the other day, while the batter tasted very good, when I tried to cook them, it seemed like it wasn’t cooking but the other side would burn. And it was very tricky to flip. Should I be blending the batter so it is smoother? Any other suggestions? Thank you.

1. jessicalieb Post author

They can be a bit tricky to flip you don’t want them to be too big or too thin. I prefer to leave a little chunk in the banana and that helps them stick together a little better.

3. Julia C

I made these for a snack this morning. They were very good although the texture was a little soft for me. That’s just me though.

I only had 1 banana and it was larger so I still used 1 egg but a smaller egg and a little less PB. I also added 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein. Very good!!

4. Christina

I found that if you add 2 tablespoons of ground flax to the batter, it makes the cakes easier to flip and still tastes great.

5. Pingback: 7 Days Down! | Streaks of Strength

6. Pingback: FAIL TO PLAN, PLAN TO FAIL | The Pongo Pad

7. lylna

They were hard for me too at first. Trial and error. Just gotta keep them small. Maybe on medium low since its burning on ya. Eventally I got the hang of it. I’ve added a tablespoon of oat flour now though. And protein powder.

8. Penny

I want to try this as a banana bread flat bread style thingy…maybe in a greased pie plate, at 350 ish for 15 ish minutes. Thoughts?
    Thank you for the recipe!

9. Sjh

This sounded so great but didn’t work for me. I made them smaller and smaller, tried different heat settings….nothing kept them from a oatmeal consistency. Oh well!

10. Pingback: Eating Clean: My Kind of Meal Planning | Bailey's Writing Cafe