Jude starts school in a week which means busy mornings. This year I’m hoping to be better prepared for school morning breakfasts by creating some make-ahead breakfast items like these Strawberry Oatmeal Bars.
Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
- 1.75 sticks cold butter cut into pieces
- 1.5 Cups Flour
- 1.5 Cups Oats
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 10 oz. strawberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Butter the bottom of a 9 X 13 baking dish
- In a large bowl mix together flour, oats, brown sugar baking powder and salt.
- Add butter to oat mixture and cut in with a pastry cutter or fork until small crumbles are formed throughout.
- Pour half of the oat mixture along the bottom of the pan and spread evenly.
- Then spread evenly the preserves over top of the oat mixture.
- Top with the remaining oat mixture spreading evenly across the top covering the preserves.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes
- Allow to fully cool before cutting into bars.
I think these make for the perfect on-the-go breakfast. If you bake them the night before and store them in an air tight container you will have breakfast waiting for you when you wake up.
VTech has a fun new interactive watch called the Kidizoom Smartwatch. The Kidizoom Smartwatch is a great way to kids to learn how to tell time and have interactive fun strapped right to their arm. The watch is designed for kids ages 4 and up and is super easy to use.
Features of the Kidizoom Smartwatch:
- 1.4 inch color touch screen
- Camera for taking photos and recording videos
- Voice recorder with 5 voice changing effects
- Special effects including customized photo frames, color filters and distortion effects; fun video frames
- 4 fun games, included
- Kid-durable design to withstand drops and bumps
- Splash proof and sweat proof
- Alarm clock with fun tones and animation
- Timer and stopwatch in kid-friendly themes
- 50+ digital and traditional analog displays
- Rechargeable battery
- 4 vibrant colors: blue, pink, white and green
- Micro USB cable for data transfer and battery recharging
- Access to Learning Lodge app store to download more games and watch displays
Jude loves the new VTech Kidizoom Smartwatch, let him show you some of his favorite features in this short video…
I love that the watch is teach Jude how to read time using both a digital and analog clock. He of course loves all the fun games but he doesn’t realize that he’s learning when he plays these games, especially Time Master. The only thing I would change about the Kidizoom watch would be a easier way to adjust the volume. Jude asked how to adjust the volume and it took me a little while to find the volume setting, however I’m glad there is a volume setting.
The Kidizoom Smartwatch is available online at VTech and Amazon for $59.99
Twitter – @VTechToys
Facebook – VTech
One lucky reader will win a VTech gift pack. US Residents Only. Use the Rafflecopter form below to enter. Ends 8/15/14.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway ends on August 15, 2014. The winner will be chosen using random.org and announced on this post. Entrants must be 18 or older. US Residents Only. Winner to be chosen at random. Winner will be notified by email and has 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. See giveaway rules for more information.
The VTech product, gift card, information, and additional gift pack have been provided by VTech. The opinions expressed in this post are my own and not influenced by the company.
School starts in just a few weeks which means back-to-school shopping. Jude has to wear a uniform to school so I don’t have to think too much about his daily outfits but he does need non-school fall clothes.
I’ve always been a fan of Carter’s clothing for my babies and toddlers, after all they are the largest branded marketer of young children’s apparel in the US. They are a trusted brand by moms everywhere and now Carter’s is expanding their line of clothing to fit up to size 12.
Their new 2014 fall line offers the quality and affordable clothing you come to expect from Carter’s but with a very fashion forward approach that kids and moms will love.
Some of the hot trends that Carter’s is offering for this fall season are:
- Activewear – Fun graphics, Mesh fabric shorts, comfortable play wear and more.
- Camo – for both boys and girls. Easy to mix with other patterns and styles.
- Tomboy Chic – mix and match camo and sparkles, military style with vintage florals.
- Vintage Prints – smaller, sweeter graphics.
- Fresh Plaids – new and fresh colors.
Because Jude’s school uniform is pretty standard and let’s be honest, boring, I wanted to bring some fun and color into his weekend/evening wardrobe. Carter’s has a lot of fun and bright colors for fall. I was tempted to buy some bright red pants for Jude but he really loves blue hues so I started with a bluish gray pant (Skinny Fit Stretch Twill Jeans). From there I added a bright tee with wolf graphic (Hand-Drawn Wolf Graphic Tee) for some fun and layered it with a military style jacket with a hint of camo (Ripstop Cargo Jacket).
Jude loves the wolf tee and thought the military jacket was way cool. Even though the pants are a skinny fit they were still to big in the waist for my slender 6 year old but thankfully they have the adjustable waist straps they they don’t fall off. I know he will eventually grow into them.
40% Off Sale
Between July 17 – August 5 Carter’s is holding a special promotion for 40% Off the entire store!
Save even more with this special 20% off coupon
20% off purchase of $40 or more. Expires 9/3/14
One lucky reader will win a $50 Carter’s gift card. Use the Rafflecopter form below to enter. Ends 8/1/14
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway ends on August 1, 2014. The winner will be chosen using random.org and announced on this post. Entrants must be 18 or older. Winner to be chosen at random. Winner will be notified by email and has 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. See giveaway rules for more information.
I was provided compensation in exchange sharing this information and hosting a giveaway. The opinions expressed in this post are my own and not influenced by the company.
Joe and Jude (along with Andrea‘s husband and son) attended opening night of Marvel Universe Live at the PNC Arena. They took a long some friends and had an amazing time exploring the Marvel Universe together.
The show was packed with action from beginning to end and feature all of the typical Marvel superheroes and villains you could hope to see.
The boys were amazed by all of the stunts, pyrotechnics and fight sequences but I think most of all they were just thrilled to see so many heroes in one place.
Ironman, Spiderman, Wolverine, Captain America, The Hulk and more.
Jude’s favorite part was when Spiderman said, “EPIC!” I’m not really sure why he loved that moment specifically but I think it’s pretty epic myself. Both Joe and Jude loved all the aerial stunts, especially Spiderman.
The show was pretty long and the little boys were up way past their bedtime. The show had a brief intermission pretty early on in the performance (because it was a natural break in the storyline) so the second part of the show was a lot longer than the first part.
I think it’s fair to say that the guys had an EPIC time at Marvel Universe Live.
Disclosure: I received free media passes to list and review this show . The opinions expressed in this post are my own and not influenced by the company.